My trial period (pun intended) with the MeLuna has concluded, and I must say that I will never return to disposable products like tampons again. The MeLuna is comfortable, reliable, and all around fabulous!
The first day I tried it, I noticed immediately how comfortable it was. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting at my desk, skiing, or even doing yoga, I don't notice it at all! The protection the cup provides is great - I have not encountered any issues with leakage. I can sleep all night with it in, and the PJ pants are still immaculate in the morning!
A lot of menstrual cup users (including one of my friends, who gave up on it) noted that insertion and having in in there wasn't the issue - it was removal. The first removal attempt I made was quite messy. However, I have since become more skilled, and haven't had an issue since. I can even do it at work without fear of a Carrie-esque scene in the bathroom!
Some tips on removal:
1. Use those vag muscles and push that baby out!
2. Be patient - this is not the time for haste!
3. Do your business before removing it. Seriously - trying to hold bodily functions in, while trying to squeeze the cup out is just a bad move.
TMI? Hey, this is a blog on reusable menstrual products! Women need to know if they're going to convert!
All in all, I would recommend the MeLuna cup to any girl who is trying to green up her life a bit. When I think of how many tampons I am NOT donating to the landfill or Lake Erie, I am proud! It's good for the budget too - tampons aren't cheap!
Coming up in a future post, Zilpah and I will be using our scientific skills to develop a spreadsheet rating the products in a variety of categories such as durability, functionality, overnight wear, etc... all to assist the reader in the quest of going from red to green.
No comments:
Post a Comment