After a long wait, I am finally experiencing my first period with reusables! Having never been able to wear conventional tampons (they always hurt going in and I never got them all the way up there) I was afraid the cup might be too much. Luckily, there are other options out there for gals like me.
I purchased some items from the Canadian company Lunapads after reading a plethora of amazing customer reviews and viewing the assortment of adorable patterns available. At the time I ordered mine, there was a sampler pack on sale for $29 that included a maxi pad (with a regular and wing liner) and pantyliner, so I decided to give it a try. Another product that intrigued me was the "Lunapanties," a pair of underwear with a fleece gusset that absorbs some moisture, plus a liner insert that is secured by two fabric straps.
Since I live with my dad and brother, I wanted to be stealthy about the delivery of my pads (didn't want to explain them to the guys!). Bilhah was nice enough to let me direct the order to her apartment and then give them to me later, and last week she brought them over and we opened them up! Here is a photo of the pad (blue and pink), liners (blue), pantyliner (purple) and two stickers that came with them:
I forgot to take a picture of the panties before I tried them on, but will add one soon!
I am in the midst of my period right now, and am waiting until the full trial ends to post my assessment of these products. However, I can tell you that my cat seems to enjoy them--he stole one of my liners as soon as I opened it (while it was still clean, thank god). I am praying this doesn't become a habit.
No comments:
Post a Comment