Monday, November 8, 2010

MeLuna

Half my life ago (am I that old already?) my mother told me that tampons could kill me, so I better stick with pads. I've never made it a habit to listen to Mom, hence my future commitment to Tampax Pearl. That commitment was recently challenged by the sighting of one too many pink applicators hanging out on the shores of Lake Erie. In an effort to go green and save some money along the way, I've decided to test out a reusable menstrual cup.

Zilpah and I scoured cup reviews for quite awhile - all the ones with sticks on the end looked uncomfortable and difficult to grip. Thankfully MeLuna, a German company, offers a soft cup with a ring at the end! It is available in a variety of colors and only cost 13 Euros! Compare that to what you pay for a year's worth of tampons!

http://www.meluna.eu/index.php/meluna-soft-ring.html

The MeLuna soft cup arrived today! I got good vibes as soon as I opened the package, for not only did it contain the cup and a cute bag for storage, I received a free pen and some candy too!



Being just 2 days from my period, I decided to give the MeLuna cup a test try. At first glance it looks pretty big, but by folding it up it went in without a problem. I couldn't even feel it!

So far the MeLuna cup appears to be an awesome product! The real challenge arrives on Wednesday though, when my period starts and I have to figure out how to remove it without making a mess. Remind me not to wear khakis to work that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment